Environmental cleaning systems play a huge role in creating a safe and healthy environment for communities to live in. That involves implementing a system that can move rain water, waste water and any solids to a treatment and disposal facility. To facilitate this, an effective waste water collection system is made up of an extensive network of pipes, clean-outs, traps, manholes and various other structures.
Equally important are the specialised trucks used to transport the collected waste to the relevant treatment plants. In many instances, cleaning equipment is combined with vacuum trucks to make the cleaning process more effective. This combination of vacuum and jetting capabilities are infused into what is called a Combi truck.
In this article, we will be introducing the components and various brands that make up the environmental cleaning systems that are currently in use to service/maintain sewers in Singapore. Syntech is the distributor and service centre for these items below.
Recommended Sewer Cleaning Equipment / Vehicle to Use
IBAK Pipeline TV Systems
IBAK CCTV systems have been making waves since their inception in 1945 in Germany. Essentially, the IBAK range of products makes it considerably easy to inspect pipelines and identify potential issues. By using unique technological features, IBAK products are functional while also carrying value in terms of durability.
Additionally, the IBAK systems can be used in conjunction with Syntech tankers trucks to minimise the need for personal protective equipment. The most significant products in the IBAK sewer range include the following:
- Scanning software
- Camera heads and systems
- Control Units
- Cable Reels and Winches
ENZ Sewer Jetting Nozzles
The ENZ range of sewer nozzles is reputed to be among the top cleaning solutions currently in use in Singapore. Designed in Switzerland over 20 years ago, these nozzles provide innovative cleaning for any type of environmental surface as well as sewers, tubes, pipes, and drains that form part of the drainage system.
Aside from being durable and efficient, these nozzles make cleaning more sanitary and limit cleaning staff from having to physically handle any hazardous materials. This not only increases infection control but makes routine cleaning a breeze. Since the nozzles are configured with ceramic inserts, you can expect durability and high levels of efficiency.
Originally from Finland, PICOTE is one of the top manufacturers, worldwide, of quality pipe cleaning and rehabilitation machines. By developing specialised millers and tools, they can easily enable trenchless rehabilitation inside buildings. They’re also able to renovate drains from the rooftops to the city sewer. In many instances, this means that pipe clearance can happen without needing to dig trenches or shut the system off for repair work.
Various PICOTE machines can do all of the following tasks:
- Cut through clogs and debris in the pipes
- Remove built-up lime scale that sticks to the sides of pipes
- Can remove roots in smaller pipes and drains
- Easily removes fat build-up that may form in pipes from residential and commercial kitchen disposal
Trenchless technology is one of the more advanced methods to refurbish pipelines because it not only limits skin contact with soiled items but is also more economical. Furthermore, PICOTE cleaning tools are considerably more environmentally friendly. Another plus point is that all PICOTE machines are designed to work with a wide variety of tools to accommodate all pipe sizes.
Essentially, the WinCan software program is a modern and more effective way to conduct wastewater pipe inspections. WinCan software has been around for 30 years and has completely revolutionised the way sewer inspections are done. By opting to use equipment, rather than actual people in the sewer pipes, the risk of exposure to infectious disease is minimised.
As the global leader in CCTV pipe inspection software, you can expect the following:
- An inspection video, images, and report of the area you want to inspect.
- An environmentally friendly way to inspect pipes and drains to assess debris accumulation and various troubleshooting options.
- Your team will have real-time access to all inspection data—this will allow them to review, code, and even edit received information.
- Reports combine graphs, tabular data, and schematics.
- A camera device—or pipe crawler as it’s called—records the image.
- The operator then inputs the data and generates a report.
Sewer Jetting Equipment
To make routine cleaning easier, you can also have Syntech sewer jetting equipment mounted to your commercial trucks or trailers. These units can easily be customised to accommodate all your specific vehicle needs. Sewer jet cleaners use high-pressure hot water to flush out any debris, dirt, sludge, and any other forms of blockages from the pipes. This type of cleaning is highly effective for removing any obstructions in the pipes.
Vacuum Tanker Truck
In 1987, Syntech became the first Singaporean company to manufacture truck-mounted vacuum tankers. Additionally, high-pressure water jetting was soon added to these trucks to make terminal cleaning considerably easier. Vacuum tanker trucks are considered to be the most efficient method of cleaning local sewer lines because it’s a relatively easy way to remove any obstructions.
With tankers that range in size from 1,000 to 18,000-litre capacities and suction rates that range from 4,500 lpm to 130,000 lpm, they can be used across multiple industries as part of their regular contact precautions. Additionally, some vacuum trucks can also be equipped with water jetting capabilities to ensure that your facilities are kept clean.
Some of the common uses of a vacuum tanker truck include the following:
- Sewer pipe cleaning which can involve septic emptying or catch basin cleaning.
- Hydro and vacuum excavation.
- Assisting with projects that involve requiring waste removal of debris or liquids (common industries that use vacuum tanker trucks include healthcare facilities and abattoirs).
- Clear blockages within the sewer system.
- Performing regular maintenance on sewer components increases the lifespan of the pipes and system in general.
Your Partner in Environmental Cleaning Systems
Cleanliness and sanitation are crucial to ensuring public health. Environmental cleaning systems are the way forward to ensuring that sewers and relevant pipelines are not only clean but also functioning properly.
If your business is looking for an effective sewer cleaning system, a customised vacuum truck, or even a sewer jetting truck, Syntech has just what you need. Headquartered in Singapore, Syntech has also supplied to other southeast Asian countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
Contact Syntech for more information on environmental cleaning systems
If you found this article informative, please share it with anyone who will benefit from our extensive product range and services!
1) What can we use our cleaning equipment with?
The good news is that the bulk of our cleaning equipment can be used in collaboration with vacuum tankers. This makes it easier to clean any type of surface in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly manner. Providing this level of cleaning goes a long way to keeping up with disease control regulations.
2) What is the difference between a sewage system and a drainage system?
The key difference between a sewage system and a drainage system is as follows:
- Drainage system: This type of system is primarily used to run off excess water (such as rainwater) to reservoirs, the sea or other storage facilities.
- Sewage system: A sewage system is a drainage system that is used exclusively for carrying wastewater and sewage to a pre-determined treating plant where the waste is treated and disposed of.
3) What is the function of a sewage system?
For the most part, a sanitary sewer system is created to protect public health as part of a community disease control program. This is done by moving water away from public exposure.
Sewer systems are usually comprised of a series of underground pipes, manholes, and pumping stations to move sewage from residential, commercial, and industrial properties. This wastewater is transported to treatment plants where it’s cleaned, treated, and recycled back into the local environment.